The Sales Manager position will be responsible for Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) Aftermarket Sales covering Qatar. It is a key role in providing sales excellence and commercial intensity, identifying white space in assigned territory. Build intimate relationship with Oil & Gas Operating Companies to deliver sustainable & long-term key account management across oil and gas different segments within QATAR
The Aftermarket Sales Manager should develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Candidate of that role should have the ability to:
• Execute on assigned operating plan and assures that the business wins profitable/productive Aftermarket sales in QATAR.
• Provide deal team leadership for related sales through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalize on Baker Hughes’s competitive strengths to serve the customer’s needs resulting In execution of definitive sales agreements.
• Manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract flow down to key Baker Hughes organizations.
• Lead relationship and strategy with channel partners and key strategic partners in the market to expand market footprint and ensure business wins and market growth.
• Lead deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities as the sales team’s primary proposal interface with projects, platform, global operations, risk management and other functional groups as required.
• Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals up to a successful negotiation & deal closure.
• Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues.
• Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution.
• Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and/or among global regions.
• Specify critical resource needs required to meet business objectives.
• Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
• Develop influential relationships with assigned Oil & Gas Companies in QATAR at all levels.
• Understand decision making process and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers.
• Integrate and lead technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in implementation of customer strategies.
• Provide specific account leadership, plans, and actions to assure that Baker Hughes wins profitable business within the assigned Oil & Gas Companies.
• Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions and customer base.
• Conduct weekly visits with Oil & Gas Companies at site/plant and/or headquarters to ensure proximity with key stakeholders & decision makers.
• Maintain a strong relationship with various organizations (Maintenance, Procurement, Engineering and Operations) within the assigned Oil & Gas Companies in QATAR.
• Engage needed resources and technical sales team to scout for new opportunities to enlarge the of opportunities for maintenance, contractual and technology services portfolios.
• Have good vision of market dynamics, able to set priorities.
• Assist sales directors in identifying new opportunities, creating sales analysis & forecast business plans to sustain desired growth.
• Work with marketing to develop new products and services to drive the business growth based on customer needs & expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a sales or marketing within oil & gas preferably with a turbo-machinery , commercial background is an asset.
• Experience in the Middle East Region, and record of managing a big portfolio. Preference for QATAR oil and gas market experience
• Customer focused and ability to build relationship based on trust and accountability.
• Healthy business acumen and ability to lead in securing orders.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, fluency in both English and Arabic.
• Ability to work effectively in cross discipline and cross functional environments.
• Mobility and flexibility.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• Experience in Oil & Gas industry, working knowledge in QATAR is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the industrial applications for product lines and markets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Integrative team working style.