Familiar with the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for Mining and Metal industry. Knowledge of many basic design techniques and analysis methods.
• Gain familiarity with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable.
• Recognize changes to scope and notify the Discipline Lead Engineer
• Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs
• Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
• Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
• Provide required bid inputs as directed
• Prepare sketches of detail design to guide Designers.
• Assist procurement personnel in procuring discipline equipment, materials and services Procurement assistance includes preparing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
• Review MTOs for requisitions
• Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information
• Check drawings
• Check engineering performed by others within Discipline.
• Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
• Perform design verifications through single-discipline check and assist with inter-discipline checks (IDC)
• Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities, progress and concerns.
• Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
• Develop an awareness of costs related to own work and of the discipline.
• Review P & IDs, isometrics, plot plans and structural supporting details with reference to vendor drawings and details.
• Prepare lubrication schedule and spare parts schedule.
• Assist with equipment inspection and testing.
• Provide input to operations and maintenance manuals.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 10 years in mining and metal industry with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of facilities.
• Preferably Registered Engineer or member of professional engineering society.
Desired Candidate Profile
Candidate having min 8 – 10 years’ experience as an Equipment/Mech. Design Engineer
Candidate must be available in KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA on LOCAL RELEASE